Friday, March 9, 2012

Practical Wedding Venue

Because there are so many weddings happening these days, I would be crushed if we can’t get a venue just because they are all fully booked for the next two years.

I have been to a number of weddings since I was young. Those weddings had venues ranging from hard-to-find provincial churches to five-star hotels with Php100 per hour parking rates. I will never forget how my dad always flared up because he could not find a parking space. He usually ended up parking the car very far. By the time we arrived at the church, my feet had blisters. But I love weddings, so I mentally took note of what would make an ideal wedding venue. 

5 things that will make a wedding venue practical

1. Convenient. Easy to find by car or by public transportation. Take in consideration that not all your guests will bring or has their own vehicle. 

2. Enough parking.

3. Well ventilated. During a wedding, the following are most of the time present: humid Philippine weather, elegant and high healed pair of shoes (which are only comfortable for the first few hours), and make-up for women. Need we say more?

4. Charming and romantic. It's a wedding. Everything should be romantic. 

5. Photogenic. I know for a fact that after the wedding ceremony, only the photos are left to remind the couple of their wedding day. The place should look lovely on camera.

Below are the places we have seen so far; click to see venue review.

1 comment: