Tired of serving the usual pastadishes: tuna in olive oil, creamy carbonara or meaty tomato sauce? Thenwhy not try the Chorizo and Shrimp Pasta. Easy, yummy, and affordable, it won'tbe long until this dish will be part of your list of what to prepareduring get-togethers.
The thing I like most about thisdish is its lightness despite the distinct flavors of the chorizo andshrimp. The two main ingredients mix so well, making every mouthful taste and feel so heavenly.
I am also a big fan of cilantro. For me, most dishes with cilantro easily becomes a refreshing viand.
This dish will cost less than P500, take 30 minutes to an hour to prepare andfeed a group of 10-12 adults.
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 head large garlic, slicedbased on preference
- 2 pieces medium-sized onion,sliced based on preference
- 4 pieces medium-sized tomato,cut into half-inch cubes
- 2 cans Purefoods ChorizoBilbao-style, sliced diagonally at about 1/4 inch thick
- Chili powder or flakes, quantitydepends on preference
- 1 bundle of cilantro or wansoy,minced
- 1/4 kilo shrimps
- 1 cup shrimp stock
- 500 grams pasta (spaghettini,angel hair, twists)
1. Add shrimps to 1 cup of boilingwater. Add a pinch of salt if desired.
4. Put pounded shrimp heads in astrainer and pour the created stock. Repeat this step for two to three times.Set aside stock once done.
1. Sauté garlic and onion in 1/2cup olive oil.
2. Add the sliced chorizo and stiruntil its own oil renders.
3. Add the tomato cubes, immediatelyfollowed by the shrimp meat. Stir for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
4. Add the shrimp stock and leaveuntil it reduces. Add salt if needed and chili if desired.5. Mix the pasta. Sprinkle minced cilantro before serving.