Oh, yes, I am 30. And 30s is the new 20s!
Being 30 may mean that you are years ahead in terms of wisdom compared to other people; but unfortunately one downside of "aging" is that your skin follows, too. Larger pores, more visible lines, brown spots and the now-showing-signs-of-sagging cheeks.
Taking care of our skin is a responsibility--it requires discipline, investment and time.
Facial care tips for us--30 something--women:
1. Eat healthy. Specially foods with high level of antioxidants. Always keep in mind that you are what you eat. I am still a far cry from perfecting my diet but I am getting there. I already minimized my sodium intake, eat more fruits and vegetables, eat a bowl of oatmeal every morning, and drink a cup of green tea daily.
2. Water up. I drink four liters of water daily. That may mean that I take more bathroom breaks than most of my friends. But I love being able to flush out toxins from your body.
3. Vitamin C. I learned in grade school that Vitamin C is needed for tissue growth and repair, elevates the immune system, and is an antioxidant. So, I pop a tab of Vitamin C every morning.
4. Sunblock. Even if you are just in front of your PC the whole day, application of facial sunscreen--at least 15% SPF--is advised before stepping out of the house.
5. Soap and water. I now wash my face three times a day--upon waking up, mid-day and before going to bed. I use Oil of Olay and it is worth P220.00.
6. Toner and moisturizer. I just changed my moisturizer to Oil of Olay's Night Firming cream. It is P988.00--10 times the price of my old moisturizer--and so far it is fulfilling its promise of a more radiant and firmer facial skin.